Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi have done it again! The pair that brought you The Emotion Thesaurus and its companion edition Emotion Amplifiers have been hard at work on yet another thesaurus to make writing just a little bit easier for writers, and more realistic for readers. Think it’s too good to be true? If you do check the master list of its contents by clicking or tapping on this link below.
https://writershelpingwriters.net/the-conflict-thesaurus-master-list-of-entries/ #writing #amwriting
Writers, a NEW Thesaurus Writing Guide is coming soon (October 12th). Want to know what the Conflict Thesaurus is about? Just go here: https://writershelpingwriters.net/2021/08/the-conflict-thesaurus-writing-guide-is-coming/ #writing #amwriting
Want to know what to expect?. Here’s a bit just to wet your literary taste buds.
CHOOSE MEANINGFUL CONFLICT TO FIT YOUR CHARACTER AND STORY
Inside Volume 1 of The Conflict Thesaurus, you’ll find:
- A myriad of conflict options in the form of relationship friction, failures and mistakes, moral dilemmas and temptations, pressure and ticking clocks, and no-win scenarios
- An analysis of each scenario that maps out possible complications and catastrophes, internal struggles, and the stressful impacts on a character’s basic human needs
- Guidance on using conflict to influence your protagonist’s character arc through opportunities for failure and success
- Master class instruction on internal conflict: what it is, why it’s important, and how to incorporate it at the scene and story levels
- Information about the role conflict plays in generating high stakes that are personally significant to the character, upping the tension for readers
- A breakdown of the various adversaries your character might encounter along the way
If you took a good look at the (and Angela & Becca hope you did) you’ll notice that it said “Vol. 1”. Its companion volume is slated to come next fall. So, they are hoping Volume 1. will help tide you over till next fall.
The Conflict Thesaurus will released October 12th 2021.
If you need a little conflict in writing, The Conflict Thesaurus Vol. 1 is just what you need.